Does this sound like you?
If you are looking after a relative, neighbour or friend who, because of illness or disability, cannot manage without help, then you are a carer.
As a carer, it is important that you look after your own needs and get the right help, information and support:
• Ensure that your surgery knows that you are a carer – ask to be added to the Carers Register
• Ask to see the surgery’s copy of the Carers’ Information File
• Ask to speak to the surgery’s Carers’ Link Contact
• For more information:
• contact North Staffs Carers Association on 01782 793100 or visit carersfirst.com
• visit www.stoke.gov.uk and go to Carers Information, or
• visit www.nhs.uk/carersdirect
If you are a carer you may be entitled to a Carers’ Assessment – for further information contact the Social Care Contact Centre on 0800 561 0015.
The Carers Emergency Scheme is free of charge and is open to carers who have had a Carers Assessment or review.
For further information or to register contact the Social Care Contact Team on 0800 561 0015.